PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Noise Unit PR (‘We’ ‘us ‘our’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy also sets out how we will use any information we collect or hold in relation to any contract we are obliged to perform with or in relation to you, or where it is in the legitimate interests of Noise Unit PR to do so.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the Act), or relevant superseding legal regulation, the data controller Noise Unit PR and our mailing address is at 100 Constitution Street, Leith Edinburgh, EH6 6AW. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. This Policy was last updated in March 2019.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our services or communications lists, search or register for a product or event, participate in social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description or any images.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to identify or connect your device to the Internet, any login information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform; or;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide or information that we receive from authorised third parties; in which case you will have been informed when your data was collected that it may be shared with us for a specific purpose. We often work closely with third party organisations and event organisers but if we intend to share your data with such parties, and the activity is not already covered by this Policy, we will have informed you of our intention at the time your data was collected.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will only store your data for the minimum amount of time necessary and will use the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about events or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or engaged with, or events you have attended or enquired about, or which we believe we have a legitimate interest in informing you about;
- if you are an existing customer or business contact, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about events or services similar to those which were the subject of previous attendance, sale or negotiations of a sale to you or which we believe we have a legitimate interest in informing you about. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, including in relation to marketing purposes, simply ‘unsubscribe’ from any email sent;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- third parties that deliver the services or events that you have signed up for either via our site or through some other form of communication with us or for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Noise Unit, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, or services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always aim to inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing, at any time, from any email or other communication you receive from us. You can also exercise your right, at any time, to amend or view your data, or to request we remove any data hold about you, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Any changes we make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.